The Philadelphia Contributionship Binding Authority Is Restored In All States After Hurricane Isaias
As the clean-up from Hurricane Isaias continues and many areas are still without power, we are hopeful this letter finds you healthy and safe. With the passing of the storm, your agency binding authority is restored for new business and endorsements effective today, August 7th, and after.
Any transaction that includes binding coverage with an effective date of Thursday, August 6th or prior remains unbound and will require that a signed and dated Statement of No Loss be submitted to underwriting. This applies to the following transactions:
- Backdating of new business.
- Endorsements adding coverage to an existing active policy.
- Reinstatements of any kind.
We ask that you immediately inform all of your agency personnel of these changes.
Some helpful reminders:
We thank you again for your patience during the moratorium and for your help in protecting the overall profitability of the company.
- To find the Statement of No Loss document, please refer to the Correspondence tab in The Key.
- Please remain diligent in ensuring you have a signed new business application prior to binding. We rely on that document as the policyholder’s certification that there is no prior unrepaired damage, whether resulting from the storm or otherwise.
Claims can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-269-1409
Customer Service hours are between 8:30am and 5:00pm at 888-627-1752
Underwriting Team #1 hours are between 8:30am and 5:00pm at 267-765-4421
Underwriting Team #2 hours are between 8:30am and 5:00pm at 267-765-4422